Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I Love About Eli (15 mo.)

--  I love that when I go to get him out of his crib in the morning, he gets his blankie, puts it up on my shoulder, then reaches up to me with a huge smile.
--  I love that when he hears absolutely anything with a beat, he starts dancing--I'm talking big head and shoulder movements, a reach and pull motion with his arms alternated with some hip shaking--I know this begs for a video posting.  I'll get on it.
--  I love the way he chuckles with delight whenever you give him something to eat.
--  I love that when I cover him up late at night, he'll look up at me and smile, wave to me, then roll over and go back to sleep.
--  I love the way he nudges me out of my snobbish comfort zone when we're in public.  Sweet old ladies who try to talk to him get blank stares.  It's the indigent-looking men that I would normally never make eye-contact with that he beams at and waves to.
--  I love that his favorite things are the vacuum cleaner, the broom, the mop, kitchen utensils, and toothbrushes--especially Daddy's.  

5 comments:

Raine said...

Ahhh, sweet sugar buttons....

sharry said...

Jenni, I'm so proud of you! Facing your fears is one of the most empowering and liberating moves you can make. I can't wait to read all that your heart will reveal.

R.C. said...

Awesome pic! Awesome family! Glad to get to know you guys. Thanks for letting your husband be my "movie buddy". Do you mind if I add a link to your blog from mine?

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh!! I was missing my sweet baby with the blue eyes so much already. I'm undone! When's the next SW flight to OKC? I love the fact that you love him and being his mother. You are truly blessed! Some women would love to have one guy love them and you have four of them!!

R.C. said...

write, friend, write!!!